Trina's Scrapbook

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Entry 3.

4 pm-Same day.

Okay. The Jersey Syndicate Tour for me officially starts here. After one last day of packing, paying bills out, more packing and finally settling things with my landlord, I just have to wonder if the guys do all of this before they leave. Eight months is a long time. My feels as I write this now are of sadness and excitement.

I’m rewriting this because my best friend Kendall has some concert about more leaving and I just feel the need to write my thoughts down on paper.

Kendall is loyal to a fault. Friends for 20+years. I swear we’ll be friends for another 50 before it’s all said and done.

We grew up together in a small town in Upstate, New York called Schenectady.

Blue-collar as they come, Schenectady is the last of a dying breed of towns that in its heyday depended on one company to sustain its economy.

When progress met that company head on, our town was unable to deal with it. Unfortunately people lost jobs and homes left and right for years.

Sure other companies came in, however eventually for Kendall and I and the dreams we had, it was time to go.

She has been my rock and inspiration. We’re as different as night and day.

Me? Preppie chick; Her? Fleetwood Mac loving rocker chick.

Her idol growing up was Stevie Nicks. Kendall wore it all, scarves, boots. She even wears her hair like hers now. To be honest, Stevie, with that voice is not a bad idol to have.

Sometimes with Kendall’s loyalty comes at times, what I call “the green-eyed monster.” Today she got angry because she felt the band was taking me from her. Silly girl. It’s a job. One that hasn’t even started yet, but a job nonetheless.

Of course, I’ve been having my own doubts, but they are of will they fire me for going on like this? Will people care? How will all of this portray the band?

Only good I hope….Trina

2 comments:

Sunstreaked said...

Really nice job here, girlfriend, really nice.

Will happily and greedily follow both story lines...

Shelly said...

LOL!!!

Glad you liked it.

And the answer is.....

I don't know....I hope it does!! LOL!!!!

Thanks honey!!